We are recruiting for experienced Senior Paralegals in the Managed Legal Services team.
Senior Paralegals in this team manage, support and deliver our growing portfolio of legal projects on behalf of all 5 of the firm’s practice groups. This role is part of an agile legal support team that sits as a central strategic capability for Managed Legal Services delivering legal projects on behalf of our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in sectors such as cyber, data management, finance, claims management and litigation. MLS respond to urgent client needs working with Partners across the firm to develop legal processes, utilising leading technology and automation solutions in order to deliver complex contract or document review projects. This is a full-time opportunity which is being offered on an initial 12 month fixed term contract, with possible options to extend or convert to a permanent position.
As a Senior Paralegal, you will provide support to the team on day to day case work, including the following tasks:
- Managing teams, processes and tasks to deliver a variety of legal work.
- Applying playbooks and guidance as well as developing an understanding of complex issues to resolve and progress matters.
- Using case management systems to own, deliver and progress tasks as part of a larger legal process.
- Using e-disclosure platforms and specific systems (full training provided) to implement both relevance and redaction policies and decisions, to provide disclosure to relevant stakeholders.
- Using AI contract review tools (full training provided) and individual legal skills to identify and advise on key contract terms and themes.
- Taking detailed instructions from fee earners within the team and providing regular updates on progress.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced team to meet delivery milestones
- Attending meetings and contributing to discussions to enhance and maintain the quality, consistency, and value of the team’s work.
- Meeting targets and time recording.
- Representing TLT and Managed Legal Service.
Your Skills and Experience
- Exceptional critical reasoning skills.
- 12 months Legal Assistant / Paralegal experience
- Experience within private practice law firm
- Previous experience with Financial Services, cyber, data management, DSARs or claims management is preferred.
- Previous line management experience is desired but not essential.
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience using Relativity, Kira or other legal technology is ideal but not essential.
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and prioritise work from various stakeholders.
- Excellent bearing and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Exceptional legal drafting skills.
TLT identified the creation of the Managed Legal Service team as a critical element of the firm’s strategy. Managed Legal Services is a rapidly growing team that provides a range of services and legal resources supporting all business groups across the firm. MLS sits firmly at the centre of the TLT future way of working and will enable the firm to:
- Meet client expectations relating to our operational expertise and capabilities.
- Enable us to improve our competitiveness and the value offered to our clients.
- Diversify our product offerings; increasing our responsiveness to future opportunities and helping us to win more work.
- Enable us to maximise efficiencies in our business, building on the successes and experience in each group.
- More systematically resource & be able to handle peaks in demand.
- Provide a diverse and challenging Paralegal career structure supporting multiple routes to qualification.
Fast paced, fast growing and forward thinking, TLT is the law firm that helps clients stay one step ahead, and we do the same for our people.
We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors. With local, national and international reach, we have over 1,200 people in offices across the UK and a network of partner firms across Europe, India and the US. In 2021 we were named The Lawyer’s Law Firm of the Year, recognising our incredible success story.
Our purpose is to protect, prepare and progress our clients for what comes next and it’s essential that we do the same for our people, our planet and our communities too. In our open and collaborative culture, we encourage everyone to be their whole self, to have a voice and to contribute.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You’ll receive a competitive salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
At TLT we have a progressive fully flexible working approach. We empower our people to work in a place and at a time that meets their needs, those of their clients and of the wider team and firm. Part of this agile approach is a focus on hybrid working and supporting the work/life balance of our people. We’re happy to talk about how flexible working can work for you and this role.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on [email protected]
Don’t just take our word for it
Good bank of questions
FQPS Academy has been a game-changer for my exam preparation. The extensive collection of practice questions and practical scenarios helped me sharpen my skills and gain confidence. Highly recommended!
Course: SQE1 Preparation
Unique and user-friendly
I cannot recommend FQPS Academy enough. The platform's user-friendly interface, coupled with the vast bank of practice questions, made my exam preparation both effective and enjoyable.
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
Very useful material
FQPS Academy has been my go-to resource for SQE exam preparation. The ability to access unlimited practice material and the continuous updates kept my studies dynamic and up to date. FQPS Academy truly helped me take my preparation to the next level
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
One of the best
FQPS Academy made my exam preparation journey much smoother and more effective. The access to a vast library of practice material, combined with the user-friendly interface, made studying enjoyable. I am grateful for FQPS Academy's role in my success on the exam day.
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
Join the FQPS Academy Community!
Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed about our latest content, the newest SRA updates, upcoming deadlines, and more. Plus, you'll receive a special gift tailored just for you.