Rate: £27.65 - £29.60 ph Umbrella
Term: 3 months initially
Hours per week: 37
Location: Mostly remote, some hybrid working (Cambridgeshire)
What you'll work on
Reporting to the Finance & Contracts Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for the monitoring of ITDS budgets and financial controls ensuring financial performance is in line with budget and sustainable in the long-term across both Cambridgeshire County and Peterborough City councils.
What you'll achieve
1. Financial Management
- Establish and agree processes for managing the budgets for the IT Service across both Councils
- To develop and implement strategies to further improve the clarity of budget management and monitoring for both revenue and capital budgets
- Be responsible for all cross charging against any budgets for services, councils and 3rd party providers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with financial teams across both councils and 3rd parties
- Be responsible for the verification of invoices received to ensure they correspond to relevant budgets and purchase orders for the relevant Council
- Provide cover for the raising and closing of purchase orders in each council’s respective finance system
2. Budget Control
- Clearly communicate outcomes of budget analysis to ITDS Management and Programme/Project Managers
- Contribute to the robust analysis of project budgets and departmental cross charging by providing robust financial analysis, forecasts and commentary to the senior management team and project/budget managers to ensure that their business/project decisions and development are properly informed by financial information.
- Prepare and monitor ITDS’s budget through consultation with the Senior Management Team and Project Managers to ensure full probity, adherence to audit requirements and achievement of financial targets.
- Undertake full annual cycle activities including monthly budgetary control, providing reports and accurate forecasts to both ITDS and CCC & PCC Finance.
- Proactively seeking to maintain and improve financial controls and processes, ensuring the processes are fully documented, reviewed regularly and updated/communicated as appropriate.
3. Data Management
- Prepare reports and manage data analysis for Senior Management Team on a regular basis, and adhoc as required to clearly demonstrate the current status of the finances of the combined IT Service.
- Manage the preparation and internal reporting of budgets to monitor and improve performance of the ITDS Service.
4. Contract & Supplier Management Provide support for the Contracts Officer including but not limited to:
- Manage the distribution, recording, filing and archiving of fully executed contracts and amendments for both Councils.
- Work with the Heads of Service & Managers to ensure that all contracts and SLAs for both Councils are aligned to business needs and budgets.
- Review of inbound contracts, supplier terms and conditions and other legal documents providing advice on potential legal issues and risks.
5. IT Purchasing Provide support for the IT Purchasing Officer including but not limited to:
- Place and monitor customer orders and quotation requests within procurement and contract rules.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock. 6. Service Management
- Support the IT Finance and Contract Manager and other team members in areas of contract management and procurement to ensure that the team is able to provide a holistic and robust service to the ITDS Management team and the Councils
Business Smart Solutions are a Recruitment Agency - We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global worker base to represent the wide diversity of our clients. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you're passionate about working for a role in local government and share our company values, we encourage you to apply.
BSS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. BSS considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable UK law. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: £27.65-£29.60 per hour
- Do you have a Batchelor's degree, HNC, HND NVQ level 4 in a related business, finance field - qualified by experience?
- Do you have significant experience of commercial best practice from working in relevant roles within the private sector?
- Do you have experience of working for a Local Authority?
- Local Government: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Don’t just take our word for it
Good bank of questions
FQPS Academy has been a game-changer for my exam preparation. The extensive collection of practice questions and practical scenarios helped me sharpen my skills and gain confidence. Highly recommended!
Course: SQE1 Preparation
Unique and user-friendly
I cannot recommend FQPS Academy enough. The platform's user-friendly interface, coupled with the vast bank of practice questions, made my exam preparation both effective and enjoyable.
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
Very useful material
FQPS Academy has been my go-to resource for SQE exam preparation. The ability to access unlimited practice material and the continuous updates kept my studies dynamic and up to date. FQPS Academy truly helped me take my preparation to the next level
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
One of the best
FQPS Academy made my exam preparation journey much smoother and more effective. The access to a vast library of practice material, combined with the user-friendly interface, made studying enjoyable. I am grateful for FQPS Academy's role in my success on the exam day.
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
Join the FQPS Academy Community!
Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed about our latest content, the newest SRA updates, upcoming deadlines, and more. Plus, you'll receive a special gift tailored just for you.