Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Baker Tilly has an incredible career opportunity for a Senior Consultant, Forensic Accountant to join our growing London Forensics, Litigation & Valuation Services (FLVS) team. As a part of our team, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to build your career across a wide range of forensic and litigation services to meet our client’s most important needs. You will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
Senior Consultants on our FLVS team will conduct and prepare a wide range of forensic financial analyses. A Forensic Accountant has a unique job which requires strong analytical, creative, investigative, research, communication, and organisational skills, as well as familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Forensic Accountants will maintain excellent client relationships by delivering high quality client service.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for your next challenge, crave variety where no day is the same, and feel your skills and experience can be better utilised.
- You maintain excellent client relationships by delivering the highest level of client service.
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and desire to work collaboratively with others to meet client needs.
- You are naturally curious, able to spot the unusual, and have a tenacity to discover the cause.
- You have a willingness to look at detail, without missing or losing the ‘big picture’.
- You have a readiness to accept that everything one does might be challenged and have the confidence and resilience to handle this as well as pressure and deadlines.
- You have proven industry experience outside traditional accounting i.e. energy, mining or construction sectors.
- You feel valued when you are provided the resources and support to continually sharpen your technical skills and build your career now, for tomorrow.
- Complete most engagements with minimum to no supervision. Will be responsible for directing staff, instructing them in work to be performed, reviewing their completed work and directing any necessary revisions or actions.
- Assist in performing forensic financial analyses, building models, maintaining documents.
- Discuss and outline problems/ issues with the Senior Manager, Director or Partner and then act on the preferred advice.
- Determine engagement timelines, in conjunction with the engagement lead, and instructs assistants in time management methods allowing them to efficiently and effectively accomplish the Firm’s objectives.
- Assume responsibility for all project phases related to the investigation of fraud, forensic accounting, or malfeasance. Applying insights and knowledge of fraud and investigation issues and processes to enable clients to solve complex, sensitive matters.
- Manage day-to-day project activities; establish appropriate leverage on project teams and assign/manage project responsibilities to team members.
- Carry out the quantification of claims on behalf of Insurers, Loss Adjusters, Lawyers, and others.
- Analyse data and financial / non-financial information and apply a forensic approach to the work.
- Assist in preparing clear, concise reports which can be understood by non-accountants.
- Be flexible and responsive to client needs, being available for meetings at times and places stipulated by the client. This can involve working long days and tight deadlines
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Team player who works well with all other team members.
- Participate in Firm business development efforts, including the development of presentations and proposals.
- Represents the Firm at business and community functions to maintain existing client relationship.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of public accounting or related experience
- Candidates should be exam qualified with post-qualification experience as ACCA or CPA
- A record of progressively increasing knowledge, skill, responsibility, and independence
- Experience in forensic accounting and litigation support is strongly preferred
- Individuals in this position must have demonstrated computer skills and experience with accounting software, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to work non-traditional business hours to meet client demands if required
- Confidence to handle confrontation, pressure and deadlines
- Skilled at building relationships with others
- Able to work in the UK without sponsorship (unfortunately we cannot accept spouse/ graduate visas).
- Fluency in English is required
Don’t just take our word for it
Good bank of questions
FQPS Academy has been a game-changer for my exam preparation. The extensive collection of practice questions and practical scenarios helped me sharpen my skills and gain confidence. Highly recommended!
Course: SQE1 Preparation
Unique and user-friendly
I cannot recommend FQPS Academy enough. The platform's user-friendly interface, coupled with the vast bank of practice questions, made my exam preparation both effective and enjoyable.
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
Very useful material
FQPS Academy has been my go-to resource for SQE exam preparation. The ability to access unlimited practice material and the continuous updates kept my studies dynamic and up to date. FQPS Academy truly helped me take my preparation to the next level
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
One of the best
FQPS Academy made my exam preparation journey much smoother and more effective. The access to a vast library of practice material, combined with the user-friendly interface, made studying enjoyable. I am grateful for FQPS Academy's role in my success on the exam day.
Course: SQE1 & SQE2 Preparation
Join the FQPS Academy Community!
Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed about our latest content, the newest SRA updates, upcoming deadlines, and more. Plus, you'll receive a special gift tailored just for you.